About this job
Marker Therapeutics is seeking a Scientist or Research Associate in its Immune Monitoring group to support its ongoing efforts to develop immunotherapies for the benefit of patients with cancer. Depending on previous experience and qualifications, this individual will be expected to either lead or support the development of immune monitoring assays to advance our therapeutic programs. The successful candidate must be a team player with strong expertise in immune monitoring and must have the ability to communicate and collaborate within an interdisciplinary environment.
- Process and store blood and plasma/serum samples
- Design and perform Immune monitoring assays (e.g. multi-parameter flow cytometry, ELISpot, ELISAs, Luminex array).
- Purify and characterize peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and/or tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs).
- T cell receptor sequences in PBMCs and/or TILs.
- Implement bioinformatic strategies for data analysis
- Design, implement and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals.
- Develop SOPs and worksheets
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners
Minimal Experience and Skills
- BS, MS in Biology or a related science with 5+ years of relevant industry/academia experience.
- Ph.D. in Biology or a related science with 2+ years of relevant industry/academia experience.
- Expertise in Immune monitoring assays development, validation and standardization required.
- Experience in tissue culture and propagation of primary human cells
- Experience with T cell-based therapies preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to problem-solve, manage workflow, meet deadlines, communicate and work in a fast-paced team environment required.